Camp JORI sits on over 72 acres of pristine woodland, on the largest lake in Rhode Island with an exceptional waterfront for boating and fishing, with peaceful paths and pine groves. The site is surrounded by Nature Conservancy protected land. When you come into camp you are welcomed at the visitor center. And then you begin the JORI experience.
Our beautiful facility includes:
• Large dining hall with a professional kosher kitchen
• Multi-purpose rec hall which can accommodate all of the campers at one time
• Modern theatre/auditorium/sanctuary
• Spacious cabins with showers and all single beds for sleeping
• Separate LIT village for the older campers
• Comfortable infirmary/health center
• Playing fields for a wide variety of sports and activities
• Basketball courts
• Tennis courts
• Low ropes course
• Archery fields
• Arts and crafts center
• Covered outdoor pavilion
• Two swimming pools with slides and a fountain
• Nature trails
DIRECTIONS TO 1065 WORDENS POND ROAD, WAKEFIELD, RI 02879
From the North:
• 95 North to route 4 South for 6 mi., follow signs for N. Kingstown
• Take exit 5B from Route 4 to merge onto RI 102 N towards Exeter
• Take a left onto Route 2 South. Continue for 11mi.
• Take a left onto New Biscuit City Road and continue to the end.
• Take a right onto Biscuit City Road and continue to the end (1.3mi).
• Take a left onto Worden’s Pond Road. Camp JORI is a half mile on the left side of the road.
From the South:
• Take Route 95 North to route 138 east (exit 3).
• Turn onto Route 110 South (Ministerial Road)
• Turn right onto Worden’s Pond Road for about 2 miles. JORI is on the right.
Camp JORI attracts campers from as far away as California, Israel, Russia, etc. If you are arriving by plane or train, call the camp office for the easiest route.